Cleaning Apple Products
Apple has given us the following guidelines: (only since the Corona Virus)
- Use 70% rubbing alcohol or Clorox Disinfecting Wipes to gently wipe:
- Any other exterior surfaces
- DO NOT use alcohol on the covers (iPads)
- Do not spray any cleaner directly on a computer surface. Spray on a cloth or wipe. Do not get the wipe wet enough to leave liquid streaks.
- Do not get liquid into any of the openings.
- On keyboard and mouse, can use the anti-micro cleaner Tech sent over after the alcohol. Do not use that cleaner on a screen of a computer or an iPad.
- Only use soap and water for any iPad covers.
- Any laptops (MacBook Pro, MacBook Air) with soft plastic covers—only use soap and water on them. Alcohol will cause the soft plastic to degrade and peel.
DO NOT use bleach or bleach water on any of the electronics!
If any of the cords are going to be wiped, make sure they are unplugged and completely dry.
Avoid excessive wiping. This could be especially harmful to the touch screens on the iPads.